"Fully alive people do not see their lives as a perennial funeral procession with one day following uneventfully on the heels of another. Alive people see tomorrow as a new opportunity which they eagerly await. They are on the growing edge of life." (Father John Powell)

Friday, August 21, 2009

Autobiography in Five Short Chapter by Portia Nelson

1) I walk down the street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.I fall in.I am lost . . . I am hopeless.It isn't my fault.It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.I pretend I don't see it.I fall in again.I can't believe I am in the same place.But, it isn't my fault.It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.I see it is there.I still fall in . . . it's a habit.My eyes are openI know where I am.It is my fault.I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.I walk around it.

5) I walk down another street.

No comments: